Get Career Support From a Team That Understands You
Are you a Defence partner looking to build your own fulfilling career, alongside the unique challenges that come with Defence and family life? Or a Defence member planning or navigating a career transition?
We’d love to help. With our unique understanding of Defence life and country-wide connections (10 years following a RAAFIE around Australia will do that), we especially enjoy helping clients with:
- PEAP (Partner Employment Assistance Program)
- Transitions from Defence to civilian careers (including military to civilian resumes)
- Starting a Defence contracting career
- Identifying skills and opportunities based on your experience and skills
- Identifying and highlighting transferable skills
- Creating resumes and cover letters, and responding to selection criteria
Whether you need partner employment assistance program services or support converting from a military to civilian resume, we’d love to help. Reach out to our team and let’s chat about how we can support you to make powerful, purposeful career moves.
We sure can. Our clients are based all over Australia (and many of them move around pretty regularly!).
A fair bit. Our founder, Adriana was a Defence partner for many years thanks to her husband’s service in the RAAF. As you can tell, we know the lingo, the unique challenges, and we probably know a few of the same people as you (it’s a small world, isn’t it?).
Sure you can! If you’ve written your resume and cover letter up until this point, that’s great - give yourself a pat on the back. However, there are a few (very good) reasons why our clients choose to invest in professional resume services:
- They’re levelling up in their career and need to present themselves more professionally than ever before
- They’re short on time (writing these documents takes time, especially when you don’t do it every day)
- They’re stuck (writing about yourself is really, really hard)
- They’re struggling to be objective about transferable skills (this is especially common with ADF resumes, where you have a lot of amazing skills but don’t know how they apply to the civilian world)
- They’ve been looking at it for too long and feel like they’re missing something from the selection criteria or their work history, but can’t quite put their finger on it
If that’s you, then a professional resume writer could be a very good investment.
After you enquire, we’ll ask a few questions to make sure we’re the right fit for what you need, take a look at your current documents, and give you a final quote.
We’ll organise a time to chat more about the opportunity you have in mind, your background, and your skills. It’s a collaborative process, so your input is extremely important!
Depending on what documents you need and how soon you need them, your professional writer will draft them up, with initial copies usually sent back to you within 7 days.
We’ll arrange a time for another phone call (or email if you prefer!) to go through the documents together. This is where we’ll gather any last bits of information and answer your questions. Then we do a final edit and make sure everything is formatted perfectly.
It’s over to you to submit your documents, nail your interviews, and hopefully nab your ideal role or project! (Make sure you let us know when you do - it’s our most favourite thing, ever.)
Most of the time, we can turn around ADF resumes, cover letters, and selection criteria within 7 days. Make sure you contact us as early as possible so that we can fit you into our schedule and meet your deadline.
If you’ve got an urgent job, send us a message and let us know as much information as possible. We’ll get back to you ASAP and will let you know if we can squeeze you in, or suggest an alternative service.
Comparing the prices of other resume and document writers is smart if you want to shop around. But make sure you don’t just compare on price points. Each career advisor or writer brings unique experiences and skills to the table, which could be the difference between a pitch or job application that works, and one that doesn’t.
If you just need a basic resume and cover letter, we might be overkill for you, and that’s okay. You’ll find there are plenty of writers who can cater to your needs.
Alternatively, you might be able to get the result you need without paying professional fees by DIYing your resume and other documents, as long as you know what skills and experience to include, and you feel confident writing it yourself. In this case, you’ll love our DIY Your Resume Template.
We’re competitively priced for our clients who need executive-level professionalism, attention to detail, government/Defence experience, and recruitment/HR experience that only we can offer. Plus, we offer an exclusive, boutique experience, so we can only take on a limited number of clients. This is how we deliver the best possible documents, tailored to your skills, experience, and opportunities.
We’ll send through our full terms with your quote, but to sum it up:
- Upfront payment is required on all services before we start writing
- All pricing is in Australian dollars
Sadly, no. While we do our very best work for our clients and are confident we’ll give you that edge to increase your chances... we only control a small piece of the puzzle. After the writing is done, it’s over to you to submit the documents, ace the interview, and be the right person for the role. But don’t worry - you’ve got this! You just have to make sure you’re ready for that amazing opportunity when it hits.